The World's Coolest Incense Holder

. Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I was looking through my photos and i found this one which i remembered thinking when i was taking this photo, that i will post this on my blog, so here it is.
Location: Living place of Nima and his family and friends, right beside Kokonor Lake, Qinghai Province or 青海湖 in chinese.
When was this: 13/07/09
What is it: Like what the title says, it's the world's coolest incense holder. i mean if you have Jackie Chan as an incense holder, it can't be any cooler right.

So what happened was i was visiting 青海湖 and i stayed at Nima's place because Nima and his "brother" approached me when i alighted from the bus from Xining (西宁), asking me to stay at their place. They kind of conned me cause the conditions was not as what they had described. There wasn't even a toilet, so the stay there gave me the opportunity to answer nature's call in nature literally, an experience that i had missed out cause i didn't go thru bmt.

Nima and gang are tibetans and they make a living by letting tourists like me stay at their place. They are nice and friendly people and i joined them in their activities during the night i was there, if not i think i would have been bored to death cause there was nothing to be done over there at night. So i watched this tibetan movie with them and after that i joined them in their chit chat session, although most of the conversation was in tibetan which i couldn't understand of course, when we had tea and tibetan pastries and lots of nicotine.

Anyway, they said they were going to make a film and they said they would send it to me, which of course would not happen since i didn't give them my address nor did they ask for it. But good luck to them anyway. Maybe i would catch it in the cinema some day.

0 comments:

 

^