Things I Put Into My Mouth

. Friday, February 27, 2009

I had steamboat for dinner just now at quite an atas restaurant. Some of the prawns in the first pic were still alive when they were served, their legs were still wriggling. Sinful! Of course, i didn't eat them. That's me, Junyuan, 恆丰, Louis (SMU guy who is also on exchange at ZJU), Pika and Samantha (NUS girl who's Vietnamese but learnt Chinese so that she can go on exchange to China). Lots of foreign students can speak excellent Mandarin here. A Nigerian even spoke to me in Mandarin!
Tarik skills learnt from observation. Haha. We had a few tea tarik sessions already.
I had this a few days ago. It wasn't very special, just minced meat with the crispy stuff commonly used as garnishing. What is more special is the name of the dish - 螞蟻上樹, literally translated as ants "climbing up the tree".

1 comments:

jodi said...

hahaha yan-g the tehtarik man.. hahahaa.. awesome bloggy you have there... i'll be visiting.. yay.. about the book. i can just get it when you come back.. yay! the price you let me know later or something.. hehe

 

^