TUN Day 3: 30/01/09 - Bangkok

. Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I brought Junyuan to eat the ginger tau huay on our way to Wat Phra Keaw. It was as nice as before. 
I didn't go Wat Phra Keaw as I have been just half a year ago when I went there with Baoling. So Junyuan went there alone while i spend the time exploring the surrounding areas and to enjoy to a nice cup of frozen expresso. 
After that, we took a river ferry across Chao Phrya River to Wat Rakheng (Temple of the Bell). Never heard of it before until Junyuan told me about it. There were quite a lot of bells there but apparently the bell which the temple took its name from, was actually moved somewhere else.
A lot of people were also there to 放生 and there were people selling fishes for visitors to release into the river. A lot of pigeons were also gathered there as visitors fed them bread. Pretty scary as a lot of these birds were flying around.
We went to TC/DC, a design centre in a shopping mall after the temple visits. Sista brought me and Baoling there the previous time when we were in Bangkok. Wish we had something permanent like that in Singapore. There was a very interesting  exhibition titled "Perishable Beauty" and this was one of the exhibits. I thought the caption was very niao. 

0 comments:

 

^